Repeat prescriptions may be requested in the following ways:-
- By presenting your repeat prescription request form at the reception desk, ensuring that you have ticked the appropriate items.
- By posting a stamped addressed envelope to the surgery with your repeat prescription request
- By using our online repeat prescription facility via the link at the top of this page.
We no longer accept repeat prescription requests over the telephone, by fax or email.
Please allow 48 hours notice (excluding bank holidays and weekends) for your request.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
The Pill (oral contraceptive)
For repeat prescriptions of the pill if there are no problems or issues that you want to discuss, you may renew your pill prescription by a telephone consultation, ring reception to book this. You will usually require a blood pressure check which can be done by our nurses or healthcare assistants. This can be arranged at reception.
Non Repeat Items
For requests where items are not on the repeat system, please enquire at reception.
Some items are not available on repeat prescription without speaking to a doctor; these include:
- The Pill (oral contraceptive: see opposite)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
All patients on repeat medication will be requested to make an appointment to see a doctor at least annually.
A reminder will be printed on your repeat request form.
Health Centre Pharmacy
Opening hours are as follows:-
- Monday to Friday 08:30 to 18:30
- Saturday closed.
- Sunday as per rota